Sunday, October 26, 2008

More News Sites: Visualize, Visualize

I just have to add to one of my earlier Three for Thursday posts on news sites for students. These additions come from Larry Ferlazzo, who provides links for students, especially ESL, on his blog. I recommend his page on "best web sites" with its different categories. Here are my additions to recommended news sites.

World News Map: I actually like this the best for student project on Hot Spots around the World. You could click on any country and get headline news and breaking news.

NewsMap: I like this just as much. Google Maps, and just click on any country.

NewsGlobe: Another visual global news map from Yahoo News.

Reverbiage: Nice widget with a global visualization. I'll see how and where I should embed this.

Newsline: Breaking news in a timeline format as released. I don't really know how I would use it in class, but it is a different visualization of the news.

DoodleBuzz: I don't exactly know how to use this either. It is different and interesting.

Earlier Recommendations:

Breaking News Map

Newsmap
Spectra Visual News Reader

1 comment:

Larry Ferlazzo said...

Glad you found the post useful...

Larry